CUSTOMER: MATT NEWELL
JOB: BEE KEEPER
DEVICE: CAT® S60
SAVING BEES WITH THERMAL IMAGING
“Using the thermal imaging technology, I am able to locate the clusters of bees inside the hive through the wall without any other interaction with the bees at all.”
Matt’s user cases:
- Bee hive management
- Use thermal imaging to locate swarms hidden in trees or nests behind fascia boards.
- Monitor hive activity and temperature during winter when it’s too cold to open the hive, avoiding hive disturbance
- Benefit from glove-on mode, avoiding stings during routine checks – made easier by the phone’s large screen and the ability to operate when wearing gloves.
Why CAT Phones?
- Thermal functionality in a smartphone.
- Glove-on screen technology.
- Large phone screen display.
- Improved knowledge of hive activity.
- Saving honey bees by keeping hive temperature constant.
- Easier & quicker bee removal from domestic buildings.